Saturday, August 25, 2007

Perspective

The Lord has once again humbled me by putting things in perspective. I don't always enjoy when this happens, yet I'm always grateful for the reminder. I'm due in a little over a week and I have found myself getting very crabby at times, especially with my husband, for no good reason, but the fact that I'm still pregnant. It's not that I don't enjoy being pregnant I actually LOVE being pregnant! I'm not even that uncomfortable. It's just that I want this little girl in my arms and sometimes when I don't get my way I get crabby. I've always had a hard time waiting for God's timing instead of my own. Just when I think I'm getting the hang of waiting on the Lord, I find myself failing His tests once again. Such as having patience when it comes to the birth of this baby girl. Patience is the last thing I've had the last few days, but after receiving this email from a friend I've been humbled and I realize what a blessing it is to be in my position awaiting the arrival of a healthy baby. The Lord has once again put things in perspective for me.

This is the email I received. I've taken out my friends names and just called them Mr. & Mrs. S. for privacy reasons and I added the links that my friend was talking about. My friend has a one year old daughter and is pregnant with her 2nd. She was going to have a routine 2nd trimester ultrasound and this is the news she and her husband received during that appointment. Please be praying for them!

My husband and I went to have our first scan done at 20 weeks just two days ago. The baby's feet, hands, arms, legs, heart, bladder, kidneys, and spine are all perfect. The head however is potentially malformed because of a neural tube defect. The sonographer and midwife suspect some form of spina bifida and anencephaly (Please just search them on wikipedia.com, I can't handle explaining it). Please stand with us in prayer for our son - Joshua Matthew. We go in for more, and higher-tech scans next week. With this present diagnosis and without a miracle, our son will not live past his first 24 hours. Thank you so much everyone. We love you all - Mr. & Mrs. S and family

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Puts everything right into perspective, doesn't it. I needed a little jolt - I'll be praying for your friend.

-Andrea