Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Beginning of a long and beautiful friendship

Many of you have asked me how the puppy is doing with Jericho. Gamba's been so great with her. I think he knows that she is part of the family. At times he does get a little excited, but somehow he knows when he needs to walk away. It's so funny because we haven't told him to leave Jericho alone when he's excited we've just told him to stay down, he's a little dog so he tends to put his front legs up on things or people when he wants to get closer look. I think he has more self-control, buy walking away when he knows he needs to, than I do.















This is the chair that I usually sit and nurse Jericho in. It is now Gamba's favorite chair to sit by or under. I think it's like a "I got your back" kind of thing for him. Gamba NEVER used to curl up in front of this chair, until Jericho came home, now if were in the living room that's were he is.

















He's also very curious about the baby. If Jericho is crying or has the hiccups Gamba goes to check and make sure she is ok and that someone is taking care of her. If she cries and I don't pick her up right away he give me this look that says, "Umm she's not happy and I can't do anything so you need to!" or "I can't believe your not going to get her." I never thought a dog could make me feel guilty. Every time we bring him inside the first thing he does now is to look to see where she is. It's so cute! I think this is the beginning of a long and beautiful friendship.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I have forgotten to ask how Gamba is doing. I am glad to hear he is doing so well. I bet he can't wait till Jericho can crawl around and play with him!! Oh, and I see you got your pack n' play! How do you like it?
Katie S.

Anonymous said...

Those are great pictures! So cute how he sticks close! Glad you're coming to v-ball!
Jen