Thursday, June 19, 2008

Always Adjusting

I'm finding that every few months I'm having to rethink the way I do things. This is mostly due to having a little one undertow. As frustrating as it can be to have to rethink everything, the reason behind it is a welcome one. Having a baby is a constant adjust because they are always changing and so are you.

There was once a time when this type of thinking was welcome but not needed. I remember being home after Gideon died and asking Seth if he wanted to go out. There was no babysitter than needed to be called; no diapers needing to be changed; no nursing that needed to be done; no scheduling that needed to be rearranged for there was no baby. Before we left there was nothing that needed to be done. We were free to do what we wanted. I never thought that kind of freedom would be unwanted. I've found that it is a freedom, even now, that is not missed.
Yesterday as I was thinking about my frustrations, I reminded myself that it a blessing. Having to find out what works for us with a little one at home because it means that we have a little one at home!

Yeah, we'll figure it out and I bet we'll even manage to have a little fun along the way!

1 comment:

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

I very much understand the having to constantly adjust. It can be a bit frustrating sometimes. And, honestly, once in awhile ( when I am low on sleep, usually) I catch myself wishing for a day when time is my own. But, I wouldn't trade this time of my life for anything. I'll have plenty of free moments after the kids are grown.

Hurray for having little ones playing around our feet!

-Andrea