Saturday, September 6, 2008

A random fact about a random thought from me

I had a random thought as I was folding (or not folding) laundry yesterday. I don't fold my undergarments. Is that normal? I've always seen folding panties, undershirts, bras and such as a waste of time. I admit to being, oh how shall we say it, a little OCD at times so you would think that I would need everything to be nice and neat and folded. But no, to me if it's in the drawer it's clean if it's anywhere else it's dirty there's no need to fold em. Don't get me wrong the drawer that houses my undergarments it organized, it drives me crazy when it's unorganized, it's just not folded. Am I in the minority here? Tell me do you fold/organize your underwear drawer?

8 comments:

Sarah said...

I can relate... I don't fold mine either. My drawer has small canvas bins to keep everything organized... but no folding undergarmets for me. My bra's get stacked on top of eachother, the rest are in bins.

Faith said...

I have a panty drawer. They are all thrown in there and I rummage through for the one I want. I have a sock drawer and the above is true for that too. My bras stack on one another in another drawer. I do fold my undershirts.

KT said...

Nope...i don't fold mine either...I just shove them in my drawer....my mom used to always fold undergarments and I too felt like it was a waste of time...funny random thought!!

Unknown said...

I roll mine, this is more of a space issue than a neatness issue. I stuff them all into one drawer - my socks, my undies, my bras - it's a disaster. But I have to roll them. I folded them when I was a kid, but at some point I noticed my grandmother folded them in thirds and tucked the crotch into the top to make a ball. It's easier that way for me. And force of habit. Anyways, I fold Matt's laundry, so if I didn't fold it - it wouldn't get folded. Bras I fold in half and half again - just to keep hooks and straps from becoming a big ball of tangled mess. But I'm definitely not organized.....

Anonymous said...

I have separate drawers: one for undies, one for bras, one for socks...but for some reason I do fold Jims??? Weird huh??? I know my mom has always folded my dads, and when I lived at home I folded dads too! HUH!
~Wulf

Tarrah said...

I'm right there with you. The is no reason to fold them, I just have them organized together and it works just fine.

I just had a friend here doing my laundry and she folded them all for me, I found it very weird :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't used to fold them, but for some reason since I have been married I do fold mine. Go figure.

Thea

Melissa said...

I do not fold my panties, panty hose, bras, swimsuits...or anything like that. I have a seperate drawer that I keep all that stuff in and I just throw everything in there when doing my laundry... After having to wash/dry/fold laundry for 4 kids (i do match & fold their socks), I'm a little messier with my own stuff...is that bad? hehe