Wednesday, March 4, 2009

URGENT PRAYER FOR A FRIEND

I just received this email from a very dear friend and I'm asking you to join with me in prayer. I'll keep you updated. Ben is the young man's name that we need to be praying for.


To All,
I really would like to ask you all to to pray as much as possible for my twin brother. Mark and I as well as my sister in law and parents have been in the ICU with Ben all night. He was brought into the hospital at 10:45pm....he had fallen on the pavement near his house and someone called 911. They found his cell phone on him and that is how they knew to call my parents. The diagnonsis is grim to say the least. He has had a brain bleed in the brain stem, which is the worst place as it is the "highway" for all brain activity and function. He has also broken the back of his neck and skull (both sides of the skull up to about where his ears are). This in and of it self is a major injury. Right now they are trying to get the swelling down in the brain to see what damage has been done. They say that even if he survives, he may be brain dead. There is no way to know right now. We need a MIRACLE. All my siblings are coming from out of town and are on their way here. As you can imagine, we are crying to the Lord for his mercy over my brother's life. He is a young man who has always loved the Lord despite some or hi struggles. I love him more than words can express....and would again ask you to take time to pray for him.
As I just saw him a few minutes ago with tears in my eyes, my eyes were drawn to his stomach where he has a large tatoo of praying hands and the words "BE Strong HOLD on" His life verse has always been Joshua 1:9 "Be strong and courageous for the LORD your GOD is with you wherever you go"

PLEASE PRAY,
Katie

No comments: