Friday, February 26, 2010

My Reading List

I added a book reading list to my side bar. One of the goals I made for 2010 was to start reading more. I love reading. I did boycott it for a little while I think it was when I was on round 3 of bed rest. I know it's silly to boycott one of the only things you can do, but I was sick of bed rest! Then after bringing a baby home well I've ceased to read anything longer than a recipe. Okay not really but ya know what I mean. I haven't read much more than picture books since Jericho's been born.

When I actually do pick up a book. I have this little problem - I don't finish them. It drives my husband crazy. I don't know why I have such a hard time finishing books. I mean I like the books I read. They hold my interest. It's just....well, I don't know it is, but I plan on changing it.That's why I've made a reading list with 2 categories, currently reading & recently FINISHED! I need some accountability, this is where you come in I need you to keep an eye and make sure that my currently reading books are going to the FINISHED position so I can start new books and FINISH them too!

My goal for 2010 is to read 6 books by myself & 6 books with Seth. I set my sights low in hopes to be able to actually accomplish it. I was going to try to do one a month but I do have a 3 month old & a 2 year old and we are still hoping to move sometime this year. So far I've finished 2 books and just started 2 more; Seth and I are halfway through our first.

Are you a reader? Do you have any book suggestions for me? Any good books to read as a couple?

3 comments:

KT said...

I've been reading a lot more this year too...a few I have read over the last several months are....The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennen Manning, A Mother's Heart by Jean Fleming, Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs (this would be a good one to read with Seth), Power of a Praying Wife by Stormie Omartian....all excellent books...happy reading!!! I have also read and Bringing up Boys and The Strong Willed Child, by Dr. James Dobson...which are good reads too!!

Courtney @ splashing grace said...

I love reading - but my problem is that I won't put a book down until I'm done... not good for the laundry or the kids' meal times :)

Unknown said...

I like to look at lists like "Time Magazines top 100 books of all time" and look up the story line to see if it would interest me. A really great book is East of Eden by John Steinbeck. I'm reading "Love in the Time of Cholera" now and it is a Nobel Prize winner. You may actually really like the book I've read about a million times which is "The Stand" by Stephen King; it's a long book about a plague that wipes out 99% of the world and the survivors break into good and evil and battle it out.