Thursday, October 4, 2012

An Update on the Growing Goodson's



Jericho, getting measured on our wall, hours before she turned 5


Jericho is now 5, man how time flies when you have such a sweet girl in your house! Jericho is helper in every form of the word and usually has a great attitude as she's helping, which makes any mama proud. She adores both her sister and brother. I often "catch" her helping Haven or snuggling the baby when she thinks no one is watching. Jericho is such delight to be around, which is one of the reasons I love homeschooling her. This is our first year of homeschooling and after only a few weeks Jericho can read a handful of words! I'm so proud of her! It's so awesome to have the opportunity to teach her and to be apart of watching her learn and develop in every area of her life. I'm amazed at how her mind works! Yes, we've already had a few bumps in the road on this new journey we have decided to take, but it's been totally worth it and I'm excited to see what God has for us, for her, this next year!

 Haven in her latest obsession, her "GO PACKERS" dress

My Havey girl, whom will be 3 in just few weeks, is one of the funniest kids you'll ever meet. I remember telling Seth, around the time she was 9 months old, that she was purposely doing things to make Jericho and I laugh and I couldn't believe it. At first he didn't believe me but since then her personality has come screaming (literally) through and she continues to crack us up! Most times it's on purpose but even when she's not trying to be funny she is. It's so refreshing to me :)  If you ever get the chance just sit and watch her, do it, you'll be giggling to yourself before too long. Just a few weeks ago she looked at her daddy and said, "Daddy you not funny.....I am!" Seriously what kids says that? She is funny, the problem is, she knows it

Ephraim giggling at his sister while his mama gets a picture!

Our newest addition will be 4 month old in a little over a week! Ephraim made quite the debut and I will tell you all about it.....in another post :) His first 6 weeks were a little bit.....well lets just say a bit of an adjustment. Nothing horrible, just not what it was like when I brought my other babies home thankfully the day he turned 6 weeks old something completely changed, I'm still not sure what it was (all though I have my theories). Never the less, since then the boy has done nothing but SMILE....well and dirty a few diapers, nurse like a champ, take 1 hour naps (which drives mommy crazy), sleep 10 hrs straight at night (which makes mommy really happy!) Oh and he did roll over at 6 weeks.  It's hard to remember what life was like before this sweet boy was in it, I'm glad I don't have to remember. 
I LOVE having a BOY at HOME!

Yes, this was a Sunday morning and yes we were all in our Packer gear :)

Seth and I celebrated 8 years of marriage in August! He's the peanut butter in my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He's the peanut butter in my peanut butter and chocolate concoctions. He's the peanut butter in my peanut butter and fish stick sandwich (yes, I eat that and yes I like it) He's my peanut butter in my peanut butter and banana sandwich. Whether I'm being fruity like jelly, sweet like chocolate, whether I stink like fish sticks, or am going bananas he's the peanut butter holding everything together and always there :) He's my other half and I'm so thankful that he chose me! I couldn't do life without him.

Seth is still the Youth Pastor at Elim Gospel Church and we continued to be blessed by the staff, parents, & youth that he we work with. God continues to move in the lives of the students and we are so amazed and excited for what God has in store as we start another school year with these kids!

We now live in Lima, a year ago we sold our house and became debt free!!! Such a wonderful feeling!

Obviously the biggest change in my life is the sweet baby boy that's constantly in my arms :) I must admit I wasn't nervous to go from 2 to 3 at home.....until I actually had 3 at home. Like I said earlier those first 6 weeks were rougher then I could have imagined but after 6 weeks things just got easier. The other biggest thing is that I'm now a homeschooling mama, honestly I don't think I even have any idea what all that means :) I'm slowly learning what I like and what I don't care for and how to teach my child that is sooooo much like myself it's crazy. I'm still not sure how I'm going to do it. I don't really know how anyone does it whether they homeschooling or not whether they have 2 or 20 being a mommy is hard work! I'm glad that God is my guide and that I'm not doing this on my own.

No comments: