Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Before & After - what a difference!

Would we be able to talk like we always had? Did she really forgive me for not being able to stand up as the maid of honor in her wedding? Should I show her the pictures of Gideon? What if they don't matter to her? Jericho can read people what if Jericho doesn't like her? She's not a mom yet what if Jericho is fussy? Will she understand? What if she thinks I'm a bad mom? She's going to look cute, she always looks cute. I don't look cute. Oh well I'm sure she's expecting that. Good thing she never cared. Good thing she always loved me no matter how tomboyish I was. How much has she changed? I've changed so much. What if we don't understand each other? What if it's not like it was? What if we can't just pick up where we left off? Why haven't we seen each other in 4 years? Were we really roommates? I feel like I did the first time I met her. Maybe that's because I feel like I don't know her or that she doesn't know me. Why didn't we talk on the phone more? Are we really getting together? Do I really get to see my friend? My Stacy! I can't wait. Why am I crying? I'm so excited! I'm so nervous. I'm so silly. I have butterflies in my stomach. Why am I so nervous? Maybe because it's been FOUR years! Why did we wait that long? Did I already ask that? Am I there yet? I can't wait to see Stac!

We were college roommates that met at a gas station, in the middle of no where, FOUR years later. We talked. We laughed. We ate. We played with the baby. We were friends again.

Why was I so nervous? It was soooo good to see her. We picked up right where we left off. She understood that I couldn't make it to her wedding because I had to do what was best for my son - stay at home on bed rest. She cried when I showed her Gideon's pictures. She loves him because she loves me. Jericho was such a good girl and she loved Stacy. She asked me a million questions about being a mom. She doesn't think I'm a bad mom. She did look cute and I'm so glad that some things never change! We've both changed a lot. We've both lived life. We both understand that. We are in the same phase of life just like we were back then. No body realized how close were were in college. I don't think we realize how close we still are. She was such a fun roommate. Exactly what I needed! We really did get together. I really did get to see my friend! My Stac. I miss her. I'm so glad we got together. I will not be FOUR years before we see each other again! It will not! I will call her more. She is such a good friend. I miss her. Did I already say that?

This is the conversation I had with myself before & after I got to see Stacy - Did I mention that it was really nice to see Stacy?

No comments: