Thursday, December 18, 2008

We've Been Sick

Jericho took her turn throwing up Sunday night and her diapers have been interesting since. I had mine turn Tuesday night and my stomach is still feeling the effects. I'm praying Seth skips his turn. I don't think he'd mind that at all.

I had forgotten how much I hate throwing up - then I thew up - and I remembered. I'll spare you the details but lets just say that my stomach was not going to be satisfied until all of it's contents were in the toilet. Once that happened I did feel a little better - for a little while. I've decided that throwing up is kind of like feeling those first hard contractions when you are in labor with your second or third (or insert number) child. You've already done it before so you know what it feels like. I don't know about you but I really do forget how bad labor really is until I'm there feeling those agonizing contractions once again. Then I think oh yeah I remember now, it hurts, really bad, I really don't want to do this, this is not going to be fun. I just want to clarify that I'm talking from personal experience which was all natural, no drugs, feel everything kind of labor.

Thankfully there is one big difference between the two the prize at the end of labor pains is worth every minute. So much so that you want to do it again (maybe not right away, but give it a year or so.) Throwing up on the other hand has no such benefits. I've never thought oh man that was so worth it I want to do it again after I've thrown up.

So, this is what we've been up to. Being sick, throwing up, not eating much, snuggling some and taking 3 hour naps (yesterday!)


Still no Christmas tree

Still no Christmas decorations up.

I promise I really don't hate Christmas!

I just got sick.

1 comment:

MICHELLE said...

That totally stinks Tarah! The stomach bug is the WORST!!! I hope you guys stay healthy through the holidays!!!