Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Thanks Great Grandma Trues.....

...I love my new outfit!



Jericho and I have been spending most of our days running to and from the bathroom. Unfortunately there has been very little success. It's kind of hit or miss with the pee pee on the potty she doesn't quite get that part yet, but the poopy on the potty is another story. She knows when she has to go. She tells me right before she goes every time. She just doesn't want to go on the potty anymore and we aren't making her. But it is a little very frustrating knowing that she could go on the potty if she so chose.

Even as I wrote that last line I laughed, out loud. Am I really that surprised? This is what my sweet little girl that has a mind of her own and knows what she wants has done from day one. Jericho could have started crawling earlier than she did, but she didn't want to. She could have walked sooner but she wasn't ready. All along I knew that she could do these things it was just a matter of her making up her mind. Now here I am in the same situation only with potty training.

So, what am I going to do about it? What can I do really? I'm not going to push her to get potty trained that's for sure. I'll let her go (literally, ha!) at her pace and try to be patient. Every time I change a poopy diaper, that I know could have ended up in the potty, I'm going to thank God that I have a diaper to change. Soon enough those diapers will be but a memory. Soon enough. I just need to give my little Ruby (read the last 3 paragraphs) the time she needs.

2 comments:

KT said...

well...i have an over 3 year old that still hasn't decided to go to the potty on the potty....he can, knows how to...but doesn't want to! Augghhhhhhh.....
Jericho was so cute on Sunday...I love having her in the nursery!

Hilary said...

Your blog looks great..of course little missy is adorable in her outfit :)