Tuesday, December 18, 2007

They're driving me CrAzY!

I have had the hiccups at least 7 times today, AT LEAST! It's driving me crazy! It has actually been awhile since this has happened. When I say awhile I mean like a few weeks maybe a month or two but that's being generous. I'm not sure what causes me to get them all the time, maybe I just don't know how to breath right, but I think part of it is hereditary. You may be laughing at me right now but I'm serious. My mom gets the hiccups all the time too, so does my younger sister. My older sister doesn't usually get them but she is just like my dad and I don't think I've ever heard my dad have the hiccups. I don't think my brother really gets them either which makes me think that it might be more of a girl thing too. I've already done a post about how often Jericho gets them.

Who knows maybe I'm crazy thinking all this stuff, maybe not, all I know is that hiccups drive me crazy! I even tried to ask my doctor if there was anything I could do so that I wouldn't get the hiccups so much but he was no help. He told me that no one is really sure what exactly causes them or why some people hardly ever get them while others always get them. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to deal with it. It's just that the only way I can get rid of them is if I plug my ears while I'm drinking and swallow around 10 times, but after doing this 7+ times a day, especially if I get them very close together, I get very water logged and then I get a belly ache. It's just not fun. Plus, many times they sound crazy. I was in a store once and got them a lady came flying around the corner looking around, when she heard me she looked up embarrassed (she was looking low to the grown as she came flying around the corner) as she told me that she thought there was a dog that somehow made it's way in the store. Nope, no dog, just Tarah with her crazy hiccups. I'm telling you it really is ridiculous.

I'm posting this video to show that I might just be onto something with this hereditary hiccups stuff. It also shows how crazy and annoying (don't worry sometimes they sound worse than this) my hiccups can be. You have to listen closely to hear Jericho's they are cute and quite hopefully they will stay that way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tarah,
I am glad you got this on video as proof. But it disproves your theory that you give them to each other. Now we just need to get one of you and Tori and Jericho having them all at the same time.

Love Ya,
Thea

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! Who started & stopped first!? Now that Jericho is older, does she still get them as much? Does your theory still hold up?

Anonymous said...

I get hiccups all the time and at my age that can be quite embarassing. I always get them at the worst times like when at work, out shopping, or at a restaurant. Mine are not ladylike or dainty but quite loud. I bet mine are worse then yours lol.