Monday, June 9, 2008

There was blood


It was beautiful out and we had a wonderful day on the water. Seth installs water trampolines at a near by lake and today Jericho and I tagged along as he did some advertising, bird repelling and hole patching.

The birds like to use the tramps as target practice, if ya know what I mean. So we had to attach a device to scare them away and one of the tramps that Seth put in got a hole in it, 8 holes actually, but he was able to find them quickly and get them patched up so the tramp could be used again. If you have a water tramp and need it installed I know a guy, email me!


It was hot but we were able to ride in the car long enough to cool off in the air and when we were on the water there was a nice breeze to keep us cool. This was a blessing because I wasn't sure how Jericho would do with the heat. As always she did great and was a delight all day!

Before the accident

Although it wasn't all fun and games. Jericho had a little accident. We were on the dock and she started crawling to me, I had bread, the girl loves bread. She was sitting on a blanket and her chubby little arm got stuck in it. Before I knew what was happening she did a nose dive right into the dock. She started screaming. I'm one of those moms that starts telling her child that she is fine the minute she starts crying, this time was no different. But this time was different because as I pick her up to calm her down I saw it, blood.

After with a fat lip

I think my heart skipped a beat at the sight of it. Jericho had hit her lip and it was bleeding. Because the blood was coming from her mouth I wasn't sure what to do. I didn't have any thing to wipe it off with. I didn't have any ice to put on it. What did I have? As I surveyed the goods sitting around me I noticed a water bottle, she loves water bottles. I could check her boo boo and make her happy at the same time, this was perfect. I poured a little water on her swelling lip to see that the bleeding had slowed. Jericho had already stopped crying at this point and was actually all smiles because she was getting to play with the water bottle. She was going to be okay. She does have a fat lip and a bruise on her chin but she doesn't seem to notice either. She's a tough little cookie. This was not Jericho's first boo boo, but it was the first with blood and we survived.
Ready to head home after after a good, but eventful, day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you think Mom felt when she got to you at the bottom of the stairs when you were littler than JJ!
Dad
PS GREAT PICTURES!

Sarah said...

She seems extremely happy no matter what the circumstances! :)

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

Ohhh poor baby. She's a cutie! What a fun day with the exception of the boo-boo incident of course.