Monday, July 7, 2008

Old School

Have any of you played tetherball? Oh it's so much fun. You must find a tetherball stand and play sometime. Prior to Friday I don't think that I have played since grade school. I used to play all the time back then and I was good. I was taller than most of my friends (they eventually caught up) and I have some pretty long arms that help in most any sport. Yeah I pretty much dominated the tetherball pole court.

Umm I'm pretty sure your not allowed to do that in tetherball.

I am an athlete and although I'm not at my top competitive level at this point in my life I can still very much hold my own in most sports. I'm very comfortable on a ball field. It really doesn't matter what type of ball field it is just give me a ball and tell me to shoot, spike, swing, kick or throw and I'll be able to do it decently. I'm not trying to brag I just want you to understand that I am confident when it comes to sports. But tetherball is a different story. It has to be one of the most awkward sports I've ever played. I'm constantly whiffing and when I do hit the ball it hardly goes anywhere. Never the less it is a very fun game to play, I had a BLAST! If you want to feel like the biggest dork ever while laughing your head off, grab a friend and go find yourself a tetherball court to play on.

5 comments:

Tarrah said...

You guys are too cute Tara. I havn't played that since junior high I think :) But it sounds like fun

Andrea@Sgt and Mrs Hub said...

Tetherball ROCKS!

Oh yeah, everybody looks like a dork playing it but who cares when you're having that much fun?!

-Andrea

KT said...

Oh my goodness...I used to LOVE tetherball...I too used to beat all the boys in gradeschool cause I was taller. It was especially fun to beat my twin brother! Looks like you had fun!

bethany said...

Fun! :)

(Do you think Brett Favre really is going to come out of "retirement?")

Anonymous said...

Why dont you mention that I beat you.

Seth