Friday, May 7, 2010

My Baby Girl


My Havey baby is 6 months old!

Half a year gone just like that. I can't believe that a little over 6 months ago I was wondering what it would be like to have another child at home and now I have a hard time remembering life without her.

I feel like you don't know my baby girl very well because I haven't been keeping up with blogging as much as I hope so here are a few things you should know:
  • Haven is a very determined baby. She knows what she can do & does it. No questions asked. (So opposite of her big sister!)
  • She has to have peace & quiet to nurse. Not an easy task....unless you're the first born, which she's not!
  • Havey is a little chatter box, talking all the time to me.
  • Haven is my cuddle bug, just like I prayed for.
  • She has a heart of compassion. If someone is crying she is crying too.
  • Haven means a place of safety or a sanctuary. My girl first her name to a T, if she doesn't feel safe she aint a happy camper. (FYI: Changing tables in noisy bathrooms that echo are NOT safe.)
  • Havey has the best cheeks ever!
  • She's a very happy go with the flow kind of girl. We went out with friends late one night & as we were leaving my girlfriend said, "Wow, what a great baby can I order one of those?" It was hours past her bedtime and Hav just chilled in her car seat for 2 hours while we ate & talked.
  • My girl has does not cry she screams & screeches and it's ear piercing. Not one of my favorite traits but it's cute when it's an I'm having fun scream.
  • Is a mama's girl.......this mama doesn't mind one bit!
  • Hav is a cat napper. If we're out and about all day she'll do wonderful taking 20 minute cat naps here and there. This is both a blessing & a curse.
  • Haven already has a best friends in the form of a big sister! My girls can't get enough of each other and it's the sweetest thing ever. I'm understanding more and more why my mom always said that watching us girls together (my sisters & I) blessed her so much (she doesn't have any sisters.) I adore watching my girls be sisters just as my mom adores watching my sisters & I!
  • If ya can't tell the girl still has all kinds of nicknames usually it's our favorites are Hav or Havey. Today someone asked Jericho what her baby sisters name was and she told him it was Havey.
  • She is a delight in every way shape & form.
Happy Half a Year Havey Baby!

1 comment:

Hilary said...

She's just precious!! Glad she's in your family and glad that Jericho will always have a built-in bestfreind..that's so great!! She's so cute!! :)
Happy Mother's Day tomorrow :)