Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Farewell Favre!




I am sad. I hate saying goodbye, but I must. If you can remember I am a huge Packer fan (as is Jericho) and today Brett Favre announced that he is saying goodbye. He is retiring after 17 years in the NFL, 16 of them with the Packers. Favre is the only Packers quarterback that I can remember watching, I was 8 years old when he started playing. He is the best quarterback to ever play the game of football, in my opnion.

I was hoping to one day watch Brett Favre play in Lambau Field. For Christmas in 2005 I had the opportunity to watch the Packers play the Bears in Lambau but I glady gave up my ticket when an even better opportunity come up - being a mommy to Gideon! Even though I will never get to watch Brett Favre play in Lambau, one day I will go to Lambau Field in Green Bay, Wisconsin to watch the Packers play.

Goodbye Brett Favre. I will miss seeing #4 out on the field, never knowing what might happen next. I am sad that my children will never get to see you play (I am getting old.) You are the reason this girl loves watching football.


Please note:
Just because Farve is leaving this does not make me any less of a Packer fan. I proudly put on my cheese head no matter what the Packers future holds!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I would laugh if I didn't know it'd make you grumpy. Sorry about Favre. Hope there's a Favre Jr for Jericho to watch. :) Goodness knows she won't get away with NOT being a football fan, much less NOT being a Packer's fan.

G. said...

I read about his retirement and thought of you! :)